Saturday, July 17, 2004

Will I Actually Make a Rug?

Catherine asked if I was planning a rug with any of the techniques I learned. The only one that I would make for a real, on the floor, letting people put their feet on it, rug would be the one made with roving. It is a fast rug to weave and is very thick. According to Tom, foot traffic fulls it slightly and increases its durability. Yes, Claudia, the fleece rug is really furry and feels soft and cushy, but I've seen them on the floor and they can look a bit ratty. I don't have a dog right now, but the locks can pull out. That being said, a nice bench pad for my loom would be very comfortable.

I have been playing around with knots on my Turkish Rug loom. Although I love the look, it is very slow and I think I would more likely make something smaller. I'm thinking that a wall hanging would be a good comprimise. After spending all of that time I could see myself being pretty protective and not allowing anyone to stand on it!

I forgot to show you what was waiting for my on my return from Creative Strands. Two pounds of white yearling mohair from Fairy Tale Farm. Gorgeous, isn't it?




1 comment:

  1. Tying knots *is* really slow. Which reminds me, I need to get back to my fishies....

    ReplyDelete