Friday, July 30, 2004

Log Cabin Towels



















I finished the log cabin towels today. The terra cotta is 8/2 from WEBS and the khaki is from Maurice Brassard. Both are very tightly spun and I can see a real difference between these and the ones I've made from looser spun cottons. One thing was the smaller amount of lint in the dryer tray. Also the towels feel so much smoother. I could see using this as yardage for a top. The white on the bottom is the fold up for the hem. I weave about an inch between each towel with sewing thread to reduce the bulk of the hem.

If anyone is interested, I uploaded the drafts for my last two projects - the purple plaid baby blanket and these log cabin towels.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the drafts. I'm starting to feel like weaving again. I think the baby blanket will be just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete