Thursday, July 25, 2002

The whole idea of this Fiber Blog has had a ripple effect for me. Yesterday I did absolutely NO fiber activities as I fiddled with this site! I've used Dreamweaver for my school page for the last couple of years, and what little I knew about html coding was hiding in the recesses of my mind. Why I was so obsessed with cell padding, why my archives are showing up three times, etc. is beyond me. But today - back to fiber. This is where it stays. (at least for a little while)

Spinning - I've got one more bobbin to spin for my Mixed Bag Barn Jacket. I sent tons of wool to Ohio Valley last summer when I realized I can't do everything, so I'm going to do the things I love. This particular batch (7#'s) is a mixture of romney from three fleeces. I thought it would be fun to make a couple of really different things from this one huge container. Yeah, right!

I can't wait to go to Claudia's class at Countrywool. I've been spinning the same yarn. I swear no matter what fiber you give me, it comes out looking the same. I guess that's good during the school year, when I might go weeks between spinning, but when you want to spread your wings a little it can be depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment