Tuesday, July 23, 2002

I've caved in too! I had a terrible time with blogger so I found this software. Hopefully it will work, but I haven't figured out how others can add comments.

Here is a picture of my mohair throw close up and on my deck railing. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. This was my first "real" project. Since it went so well, I thought I'd try using other handknitting yarn.


I worked up a plan for double weave, 24" in the reed. The yarn I picked however was not as strong as the Cherry Tree worsted and mohair that I used before. Yarns were popping and pinging all over the place. It began to look like a sad Christmas tree with fishing weights and washers hanging all over the place :-( However, the doubleweave process went really well, so I'll be trying that again. I'm weaving in ends, and repairing broken threads, and hopefully will have a picture up tomorrow. It was really a great learning experience however, and after the repair work, will be a nice throw.


What's next???? I'm thinking of huck lace towels, maybe 8/2 unmercerized cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment