Friday, July 13, 2012

I Need to Set a Date with My Machine

I've been out of school for a couple of weeks but I've been lucky to get lots of grandchildren time so the sewing and weaving have been on the back burner.  It's pretty quiet around here now which means it's a good time to make a dent in my TBQ (to be quilted) pile.  I hung all of the tops in the garage and took pictures, unfortunately not with the best lighting.  I wanted to use Adobe Ideas after Mary, mentioned being able to draw over her quilt photos and try out different quilting designs. 

I also wanted to check on backing/binding, choose threads, and take measurements so I can make sure I have the batting ready.  I thought I had three or four but ended up finding eight!! Yikes.  Here's the first one in line.

Cute as a Bug!! This was a impulse buy because I thought it would go together quickly and I could practice machine quilting on it.  The pieced border took longer than I expected but once I got the hang of it the rest went together like a charm.  It is straight but I'm not so great at adjusting the hanging rod :-)


I've been out of school for a couple of weeks but I've been lucky to get lots of grandchildren time so the sewing and weaving have been on the back burner.

Cousins - Ella and Jacob
 Gates are so much more fun when they're not closed!!

Jackson shows us how it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment