Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Fiber Fun!


There's been a bit of knitting.  Veronik Avery's Nordique Swing.  It made my list in 2009 but I never got around to finding the right yarn.  I'm using a Lane Borgosesia sport yarn that was part of a bag sale from WEBS maybe twenty years ago.  Do they even do that anymore?  You would call up a give some general color wishes and you got 5 bags of 10 balls each.  I think it was $50 so your yarn came out to $1 a ball/hank.  I used a ball or two for my Litla Dimun shawl and will have more than enough for this sweater!

Nordique Swing, IK Fall 2009
After more than six months languishing on the front beam of my loom, Ella's huck lace blanket is being threaded. Halfway there, another 350 ends to go.

Ella's Huck Lace Blanket
Lots of tee shirts were embroidered for spring and summer.  A lacrosse player for Jackson.  Jacob seems to be leaning towards golf.  At least he likes swing the club all over the place! 

Jackson's lacrosse shirt
Sewing for little girls is so much fun!!  Here's a little outfit for Ella.  She's already growing out of it so there are a few more on the cutting table. 
Ella's summer outfit
I even brought my Lendrum Saxony back into the living room.  That was relegated to safe storage when the kids moved in with us.  They've been in Long Island since last summer but I just didn't have my spinning mojo back.  Let's hope it's here to stay.

With any luck this is the start of a very productive and very relaxing summer.

1 comment:

  1. I love Ella's outfit! Ruffles! flowers! Girls have the fun clothes....at least Jackson gets a cute lacrosse player on his (appropriately) olive drab shirt :).

    ReplyDelete