Friday, August 07, 2009

Up Next

I've always wanted to try overshot but it was one of those things that was pushed to the back burner. Not anymore!

The original idea was sparked by a runner at the Funny Farm. It was the Colonial Rose Runner from Handwoven's Design Collection 11. Looking up the pattern I saw that it was based on a Davison draft, Ancient Rose Design.

kutztown

Checking out my tattered copy of A Handweaver's Pattern Book I found, right above the original draft, A Kutztown Design No. 3. Considering I went to Kutztown University, then known as Kutztown State College, I thought this was appropriate.

Kutztown with Borders

Playing around with Fiberworks I was able to add the border from Colonial Rose. It took a little tweaking to get a nice transition from the pattern to the border. It took a lot more tweaking to correct all of my errors. I recommend exporting the screen to a jpg. Just like a photo will point out design problems when you're laying out a quilt or pick up an error in your lace knitting, seeing the image helped me to pick out several errors!

DSCF2998

20/2 perle cotton, Safari, from The Mannings for the warp and tabby. 5/2 in Forest for the pattern.

Half-day today and then I'm finished my adjunct work for the summer. Back to school on the 26th. So many projects.......

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be wonderful. Any threading mistakes? Love the color.

    ReplyDelete