Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Fun with Nine Patch

I am in love with this Hushabye collection. So is my daughter, Sarah, so keeping these blocks in the house is becoming a problem!

DSCF3001

I made up six blocks based on Rachel's Christmas Table Topper.

DSCF3002

Cut the nine patch in half, vertically and horizontally.

DSCF3003

Rotated two of the blocks.

DSCF3007

Doesn't look all that appealing, does it? I love the blocks but when I looked at it laid out on the floor it wasn't doing a thing for me.

DSCF3009

But once I arranged them on the off white (Snow) fabric I bought for the sashing it looked so much better.

DSCF3030

Sewn together and ready for quilting. Piper Eileen was born six weeks ago so I better get going! This is going to help.

1 comment:

  1. Nine-patch brings back memories. My mother's church group used to make quilts with that pattern for some kind of charity. I hadn't thought of that in years - thanks.

    ReplyDelete