Monday, November 14, 2005

Back to Weaving



Threading and sleying went along with no problems until the end when I realized I was off by 4 threads. No problem. Then I thought it wasn't quite centered in the reed. Turns out I divided by 20 when I was winding the warp but I sleyed 24 epi. So it turns out my towels are only 20.5 in the reed. And to think, just a few short weeks ago, I was happy to find the right dye lot so my towels would be wide enough. Can anyone say "too many irons in the fire"? Oh well, it feels good to be back weaving and they'll be used.

4 comments:

  1. Yea for you that you're weaving again! It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly can't tell from the photo that something wasn't right; very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my favorite weaving patterns (in my short weaving life so far). In fact, I still have some towels on the 4-harness loom in that
    pattern! Love it in red!

    ReplyDelete