Saturday, November 15, 2003

They're Up!

I rinsed out the fabric last night and got the curtains made and put up today. I'm not sure if I like the lighter spots. I'll keep it up a bit, but I may overdye with another color. There's a another one to the right of the tv stand, it's the standard high basement window. I love the view out my window but early in the morning the sun shines right over the loom and into my eyes. Now I can go down there on weekend mornings with my coffee and weave - uh, as soon as I warp it, that is! But it won't be long - I dyed the raw silk warp and it's dry already, but I have a big project for my hypermedia class so I don't know if I'll get it warped tomorrow or not.


I found this warp chain in with the stuff I got when I bought my loom. Most of what she gave me was linen and wool, I'm not sure how I overlooked this. I can't tell what it is, but I think perle cotton. It's pretty thick, maybe 5/2 or even 3/2, it's 22wpi. There's about 80 ends and I haven't unchained it, but I'm thinking 2.5 - 3 yds. So, what can I do with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment