Sunday, April 20, 2003

April 20, 2003

New BlanketI
just love the look of a warp all beamed and taut. I was going to do a random
warp, but I'm just not a random sort of gal, so I counted out what I had and
made a plan. The extra red on the left of the picture will be the two sides.
The fold is on the right. I still have to add the fishing line and weights,
but that will have to wait until tomorrow.


I've got one more day of spring break. I have some little bits of mohair and
bright pieces of wool that I want to blend on the carder tomorrow. I'm in a
fish exchange - based loosely on the fulled fish from knitter's
stash
and I want to spin some tropical colors. Check out the fish Carolyn
made for a baby shower - they were the inspiration for the exchange.


Thursday is my annual Asian American Club trip to NYC. This trip puts my nerves
in an uproar every year, but the kids love it so I keep doing it. We have so
many kids in the club that I booked two charter buses, but with world affairs
what they are many parents would not allow their children to go to New York
this year. I had to cancel one of the buses, but now we have three members on
the waiting list. They are predicting chilly, damp weather for Thurday. So what
else is new? No matter when we schedule this trip it rains. Sometimes it's a
cold, bonechilling rain, sometimes warm, but IT ALWAYS RAINS!


MDS$W - Accuweather
is predicting a rainy weekend for Maryland
Sheep and Wool Festival
, but I don't mind that :-) It keeps those daytrippers
away and allows the serious fiber folks more space.


posted at 7:30 PM


Bunny CakeNot
of whole heck of a lot I can post, but hopefully I'll have pictures tomorrow.
Been spinning up the corriedale, just plied another 8 oz. I'm ready to beam
on another blanket warp. I dyed some of my Bartlett's and then I realized -
or should I say was advised - that I needed to wash the rest of my warp, since
the dyed yarn was much softer and loftier. Did that Friday night, and got the
warp sleyed and threaded last night. I'll probably end up watching some of The
Ten Commandments (wouldn't be Easter without it) and knitting some more on my
Little Dimun.


The kids are all older now, but they insisted on the bunny
cake again this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment