Wednesday, April 16, 2003

April 16, 2003







Bradford PearForsythias in BloomDaffodils

I can imagine Mother Nature with this rather maniacal laugh "Ha, they
liked 85 degrees, let's throw them for a loop!" We are struggling to stay
in the 40's, in fact the high of 49 was in the early hours of the morning. But
when I look out my window it still looks like spring. And we could have the
ice storms that people to the west and north of us are getting.


I'm dyeing some of my natural Bartlett yarn for another blanket. I know it
seems repetitive, but I've been really into my spinning lately, and I can't
think of anything else to do (that doesn't require leaving my house to search
out more materials). This will be quick and it has the added bonus of getting
tons of worsted weight wool out of the stash bins. I threw a small sample of
the different colors I had on hand into the dye pot and was pleasantly surprise
by how it turned out. Being a beginner dyer I had heard about overdyeing yarn
but didn't realize how I could use it.


overdye


On the left are four of the colors used in previous blankets.
I threw a sample in to a pot with Cushings' Egyptian Red - those are the four
on the right (in the same order). This could be a really easy way to use a bunch
of leftover yarn. Yes, I know, everyone else knew this already, but it's fun
for an old dog like me to learn new tricks.




No comments:

Post a Comment