I've always wanted to try overshot but it was one of those things that was pushed to the back burner. Not anymore!
The original idea was sparked by a runner at the Funny Farm. It was the Colonial Rose Runner from Handwoven's Design Collection 11. Looking up the pattern I saw that it was based on a Davison draft, Ancient Rose Design.
Checking out my tattered copy of A Handweaver's Pattern Book I found, right above the original draft, A Kutztown Design No. 3. Considering I went to Kutztown University, then known as Kutztown State College, I thought this was appropriate.
Playing around with Fiberworks I was able to add the border from Colonial Rose. It took a little tweaking to get a nice transition from the pattern to the border. It took a lot more tweaking to correct all of my errors. I recommend exporting the screen to a jpg. Just like a photo will point out design problems when you're laying out a quilt or pick up an error in your lace knitting, seeing the image helped me to pick out several errors!
20/2 perle cotton, Safari, from The Mannings for the warp and tabby. 5/2 in Forest for the pattern.
Half-day today and then I'm finished my adjunct work for the summer. Back to school on the 26th. So many projects.......