Saturday, June 14, 2008

Loom Progress

Thanks to Marie, Jane, and Trapunto I received some great ideas and resources for putting this loom back together and in working order.



I saw Jane's comment in the wee hours of the morning, before going to school. She suggested that I take the cloth beam off and slip the tool over the pawl end of the beam. Despite scrambling to get to school I took the time to run downstairs and check it out. I didn't look like there would be enough room. Then I just pushed the beam slightly to the left and voilá!



I was able to slide the tool in and see how it would be able to engage the pawls.



Now to figure out that chain break.



See that eye screwed on to the base? I'm wondering if I could attach a long spring, like I have on my Macomber, and that would allow for some tension on the chain. And then there's the question of this mystery bolt....



It's not fastening anything, just a bolt, two washers and a nut.

Along with puzzling over this loom I've finally finished winding the warp for the 2/2 twill baby blankets. 912 ends wound in 8 bouts, sett at 24 epi.


No comments:

Post a Comment