Sunday, February 17, 2008

Out With the Old

Rip, rip, rip! It's out with the old and in with the new!



You might remember Jackson in his sausage sweater. I was just going to give this to a younger baby but I realized it wasn't proportional. The arms are too short and the body too tight and long. I started this at a very stressful time last fall and I now realize that along with my gauge being off I was following several different sizes in the instructions. Doh! While looking for something else I found another ball of the Fixation so knowing I'll have enough for a size 2 I started ripping. I started over, going up a needle size and have progressed through the neck ribbing and short row shaping and am now doing the raglan increasing through the shoulders. In case you need a dose of cute, here's Jackson getting ready to watch the Super Bowl!

Inspired by Leigh's lovely M's and O's I starting winding a warp for some more towels using one of my favorites - WEB's Eight-Two in willow green.



It's a 128 end repeat and I have three repeats wound. Now I have to figure out my sett and decide if I need to play with the pattern a bit. That's wrapped pretty tightly and it's 36 wpi. I could have sworn I used 20 epi before with this yarn. You'd think I'd have records somewhere but apparently only pictures!



I'll mull it over while I rip up carpet. Yes, I'm doing another room makeover!

For those of you who are lucky enough to have a three day weekend, enjoy! And take some time to read Syne's new endeavor WeaveZine. Bonnie has a great Turned Weft Ikat article. Tonight it's back to the table of contents for more information and ideas.




3 comments:

  1. The Willow Green is lovely. Those towels will be very nice! Also loved the Jackson photo. What a Dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an absolutely adorable photo of Jackson. Did you knit his sweater? And I love that color of green! Webs willow, huh? I'm going to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. claudia k3:28 AM

    Jackson is totally adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete