Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All This in One Post

This is what happens when you take pictures but don't update your blog ...

The Fixation crew neck sweater was coming along fine but ...



Jackson is growing like a weed!



He looks like a little sausage.




The Tangled Yoke sweater seen here



is now up to the sleeve insertion point. One sleeve is done, one more to go.



The Embossed Leaves sock was too tight. I knew it but kept knitting anyway - somehow thinking that good thoughts would make it fit. I could put it on but it looked too stretched out. Rip, rip! I'm going to use the same pattern but I need to decide if I want to add a couple of purl stitches or go up from a size 1 needle to a 2.



So if I have no time, what am I doing buying fleece? I really can't answer that question except to say - wouldn't you?



Lovely lamb fleeces from Ewes in Color. A Wensleydale fleece



and a Teeswater fleece.



Part of what's keeping me so busy is that Laura bought her first house and we've been busy drywalling, sanding, and painting. My sister brought a bottle of wine to help us along, but Laura hadn't moved in her kitchen stuff - so no cork screw. One suggestion was to use a drywall screw and then pop it out. Sarah was game. First she tried a pry bar.



Then pliers.



Finally she went over to the guys next door and borrowed a corkscrew. Much easier!

3 comments:

  1. But what a sweet sausage Jackson is!
    The tangled yoke sweater is going to fab-o.
    The two "bags full" look lovely. Save a hand full of each for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desperate wine maneuvers. Sounds like Christmas to me!
    Nice sausage, by the way. Now I'm hungry. I could do with a little nibble on baby meat :)
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khi had a sausage sweater too! Are you on Ravelry?

    ReplyDelete