Monday, April 30, 2007

Peacock



I finally got some time to sit down and finish spinning the Peacock (65% jet black alpaca, 25% dyed silk in royal blue and teal green, and 5% bronze angelina) from Anne's Wooly Wonka Fibers. It was so much fun to spin and the angelina adds just the right amount of sparkle. It's probably the finest yarn I've spun with the 3 ounce (85 gram) skein coming in at about 750 yards. I'll have to get the wpi when I wind it into a ball. Now, what to make with it!

Here's a close up:



On the color theory front, if you read Neki's blog you probably saw her link to the Color Harmonizer. Looks like a really interesting tool. You get to use it five times before registering and that's a very reasonable $20 through PayPal. I can't wait to play with it!

7 comments:

  1. What gorgeous yarn! I love the color; one of my favorites. And what an intriguing tool the Color Harmonizer is. Much more sophistocated than my method of choosing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh - thank you! I have no time to actually spin anything anymore. I have to live vicariously through everyone else. :) It looks like it came out very well. I was quite fond of that blend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I am spinning the Peacock blend as well - for some reason I thought it also had angora in it. The black alpaca is Tristan - a yearling from Kritchell Kriations. That fleece won 1st place at the 2006 EPWM in the alpaca division. Tristan will be the herd sire at the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's *so* beautiful. The color is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beee yooo ti ful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my! That is tooooooo dreamy!

    ReplyDelete