Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Faroe Vine Cardigan



Don't you just love starting a new project? I'm starting Claudia's Faroe Vine Cardigan. You can read more about her steeking samples here. I'll let her do the research - I'll just knit! Be prepared for plenty of pictures because I'm already in love with this sweater. This is Heilo in Evergreen (discontinued) and medium brown heather. Claudia put the combination together for me. Guess she knows me pretty well, eh? The stitches between the two markers are the steek stitches. Since I took the picture I've finished the hem (yellow stitches are the provisional crocheted cast on) and border. I've also reversed the color combination to the evergreen background and the medium brown heather for the vine for the body of the sweater.

The short-row toe-up sock is starting to feel a little left out!



3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to watch the colors emerge on your needles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT ought to keep you busy! I love the subtle color combination of those 2. It will be beautiful when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you the Production Knitting Queen this winter? That will be one beautiful sweater. Kudos, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete