Thursday, April 13, 2006

Plans

We have a short spring break this year but I have big plans. I'm sure I'll be sitting here Monday night bemoaning all I didn't get done. First thing - clean the dining room and maybe under all those papers I'll find my my blanks and get started dyeing. I also want to dye some fleece from Marie.

I'm up to the shoulders of Whitby. Next is picking up stitches and knitting the sleeves. Hope we have a few cool days in May so I can at least put it on for a few hours.



I've been having fun playing with the new Saxony. I usually like scotch tension, but I seem to be gravitating towards double drive with this wheel. This is some lovely hand dyed tussah Vee sent me. As you can see, I still haven't finished the bobbins. Now that my new spinning chair arrived I guess I'll get the tung oil out again.

Over a month ago I started winding a warp for some log cabin towels (good thing I have my notes stuck under the reel). With any luck I can finish winding and get that on the loom. There are so many other things: gut the house, clean up the gardens, but let's get real.

Let the games begin!

5 comments:

  1. Excellent! Get to those sleeves, as we WILL have cooler weather in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, does your life sound like mine: unbury the dining room, gut the house, yard work! I may have to lay aside fiber for the summer and just get at the house this year. Have a fun fibery long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all need a team of house-cleaning elves. Nice silk though, and yeah, that's what I'd do: spin, dye and weave. What's a vacation for??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie5:36 AM

    Pretty silk. It looks like silver.
    You know, you can clean the dining room while you dye. Killing two birds. Once the dining room is clean you can treat yourself to either knitting, spinning or winding the warp. Or, you can let the "new lawyer" clean the dining room and you play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlene, Your new wheel is beautiful. Best of luck with it. You did discover the scotch tension, I see. I use the double drive so haven't even installed them on my saxony. Could tho'.

    ReplyDelete