Sunday, January 23, 2005

Be Careful What You Wish For

I wanted a snow day, I got a snow day. (Yes, I had all my papers graded, entered into the computer, and posted to the website by 10AM Sunday morning) Did I get my warp on the loom? No, I did not. Since I got the call Sunday evening, I was able to sleep in until 7, have a cup of coffee and knit a little while I watched the news. Then I headed downstairs and found out the pump that takes out the humidifier water (and the AC water in the summer) was whirring but not pumping. Water over about a 9x12' area. So I spent most of the day sucking up water with my Oreck shampooer. Does a better job of getting the water out of the carpet than my wet/dry vacuum. Turns out the hose that takes the water outside froze. Finally, at 4 o'clock I sat down to presley (no, Kathryn, nothing to do with Elvis!) the reed. You know, the presleying I was going to do last week.

Now, tell me why I planned a 16 end 3 color repeat, with an 18 epi sett, using a 6 dent reed. I sat there staring for about 30 minutes. Finally I figured out that I wasn't going to be able to presley and warp BTF. I ended up threading *3 green each in 5 dents, 1 green in the next, skip 10 dents, repeat from *. It was a little slow going, but the next two colors will go faster.





No comments:

Post a Comment