Sunday, April 25, 2004

(Over)Blending



I was thinking about the roving I dyed last week. The color blocks were too large to spin from the roving, so I decided to try a little blending and throw in some of the blue mohair while I was at it. The picture on the left was after the first pass. The mohair wasn't blended in enough, so I put it through one more time, stripping the batts lengthwise and mixing them up. In person, the colors are not quite as homogenized as the picture on the right show, but I guess I'll find out for sure when I spin up a sample. Hopefully it won't look like mud.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, love them -- especially the one on the left. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the one on the left, too! (But I guess that one doesn't exist anymore?) What kind of drum carder do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, its completely hopeless figuring out what fiber will look like spun up. Wishing you good spinning karma.

    ReplyDelete