Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Rag Rug Questions



This first rag rug is going to be quite the learning experience. I know now that I shouldn't use the serger for seaming strips. You can see by the yellow arrows that the serged seams pop right through the warp. I'm going to have to take the seams out and sew on the diagonal with the regular machine. I like the way the strips show right side sometimes and wrong side, but I don't have a weight on my beater and I think it's not beating in enough. I'm only getting 3 ppi with 1.5" strips. Any suggestions?

As for school - working out helped with some of my tension, but I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. 3 ppi doesn't sound too far off with 1.5" strips. But if you have wrist/ankle weights, strap those onto the beater.
    And the joins always show, whether with a bump or a tail poking out. Don't worry too much about it - that's just so Swedish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of them as "design interest". I have a rag rug where the strips are just laid in (not sewn together) and I have to weave the ends back in sometimes.

    ReplyDelete