Monday, December 01, 2003

Ta Da!


I finished my first handspun sweater. I bought the fiber from the Woodchuck's wife (don't remember if she had a business name, but she sold fiber in his booth at MDS&W for a couple of years). It was so loud in the bag that I don't think I would have even considered it without seeing the sample she had knitted up. I had only been spinning for a year or two, so I didn't realize how much the colors mute and blend when they are spun and plied.

It's a little big through the shoulders, but overall I'm happy with it. I'm also psyched that I figured out how to take my own picture. Using the self-timer and putting the camera on top of my monitor is just the ticket. Of course, now I'll have to remember to close the closet door behind me :-)

6 comments:

  1. woohoo! Nice job on the sweater. Aren't these the same colors you dyed in fleece so recently? For a minute there I thought you were the world's fastest spinner and knitter...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jarrett6:50 AM

    Very Nice!!
    I haven't acheived a handspun sweater yet -- just a few scarves, a pi shawl and a vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess they are the same colors! I sort of get into a rut:-) But the new fibers are going to be spun seperately, not blended. Come to think of it I had rust, avocado, and harvest gold for my first kitchen colors (bet you can't guess when I got married!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the sweater. Those colors are great for you. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job on that sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sweater. Someday I'll finish my own, but it really helps to get inspired by those who have finished one! Yeehaw!!!

    ReplyDelete