Wednesday, January 15, 2003

January 15, 2003

I'm working on another doubleweave blanket. The benefit of making all of
these with thick worsted weight yarn is that I can wind less than 400 ends,
even for a 52 inch blanket, and get lots of warping practice. Although I have
bagged up enough yarn for 3 or 4 more, I am starting to get a little bored.
I'm going to make one more (for my brother) and then start something new.
I've been thinking about an overshot coverlet (thanks for the book, Kate)
or a doubleweave bathmat. We just finished painting our bathroom and putting
up a new cabinet. I thought I'd try a doubleweave where the two layers are
interlocked and exchange colors - maybe 6/2 cotton for the warp and 8/2 for
the weft. I also promised my niece (and goddaughter) a Burberry-ish scarf.
I'm waiting for the yarn to come in, in the meantime I can't decide if I want
to do that in twill or plain weave. Gotta keep weaving though, because once
my new wheel comes in I know I'll be abandoning my loom for awhile!


Three day weekend coming up........




No comments:

Post a Comment