Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Doubleweave Blanket

Happy New Years! And Happy Anniversary to us! DH and I just celebrated our
30th anniversary. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday, but then I look at
our four kids, 27, 26, 24, 20 and I can easily see where the time went :-)


This is what I'm working on now.I
finished threading it and tieing up and gave it a good spray of starch. Someone
at spinning recommended spray starch for sticky doubleweave warps. She said
that all the starch will wash out, and that it really slicks up the yarn and
allows it to gide past each other.


I was a little worried about the fold, but I really didn't want to use a fishing
line floating selvedge as I was afraid I would mess up the over/under thing.
One of the hints in the Handwoven Doubleweave Issue (J/F 2002) was to thread
the last two ends on the fold with 25# fishing line and tie it to a 2# weight.
I just happened to have the foam covered weights that you can strap over your
hands (haven't used them for working out in ages) so I put them right to work.
Then I suppose I just slip the line out when I'm finished. I'm hoping that will
keep the fold even.


After some help from the Weaving List, I've got my Idiots Twill doubleweave
worked out, so with any luck I'll get to that next week. Pretty high goals considering
I'm back to school on Thursday, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment