Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Knitting in Hugs and Kisses

Yo Gabba Gabba
If you know any preschoolers you know the wig and glasses are from Yo Gabba Gabba. They were actually a present to my son from his MIL but what two-year-old doesn't think all presents, especially on his birthday, belong to him!

I knit Claudia's Wee Bigger Aran a long time ago (i.e., 2002, before I was a grandmother). Now that I'm knitting for Jackson the idea of knitting all of those Xs and Os take on a different meaning - hugs and kisses surrounding him.

DSCF2807

Both sleeves done.

DSCF2959

Body done, just waiting until he comes over tomorrow to the check length of both sleeves and body before joining

DSCF2958

Close up of those cute Xs and Os.

DSCF2952

I'm a winner! Yes, the important thing is that Claudia raised a whopping $31,070.73 with her Knitters Against MS Ride. Now that the niceties are over, I WON!! Donna donated several skeins of yarn and I won three of them. I've already cast on with the cool denim.

DSCF2792

Just in case you needed another picture of Jackson celebrating his 2nd birthday.
Large toys are courtesy of the doting aunts and uncles.

4 comments:

  1. Hugs and kisses, indeed! He has a beautiful smile.
    Seriously, though, that is a crazy dinosaur toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! He'll look great in that x&o's sweater. That's one of my favorite cable patterns.
    Congrats on the sock haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable - and that sweater will look great on him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandkids are the best - who knew?! I throw in gratuitous grandchildren pictures whenever I can. I love why you close x and o pattern - kisses and hugs.

    ReplyDelete