I'm quite secure in following my own path as I traverse through life, but show me a new tool, pattern, or book and my lemming tendencies shine right through!
I read that Carolyn wants to make Amy Butler's High Street Messenger Bag. Done. Pattern came yesterday. I'm not going to use it for my laptop though. I have a very cool backpack that also has a sling pouch for my laptop. What I need is a bag that will hold all the stuff I need when I'm taking care of my mom. Cell phone charger, iPod, etc. This is going to the head of the list.
When I heard someone mention micro-macram�n one of the DIY shows a couple of months ago I didn't think much of it, but then I saw Maus' new earrings. Before I could stop myself I was ordering the Joan Babcock's Micro-Macram�ewelry and Sherri Haab's Beaded Macram�ewelry. I quick order for some C-Lon and I should be in business by next weekend.
On one of my drives through blogland I saw a hat that I might actually wear. So I grabbed some handspun and started knitting Calorimetry. Since I have an absolutely huge head I tend to knit hats on the big side. Several years ago I posted this picture of a hat I crocheted for my sister (about 10 at the time). This was no exception. It's supposed to stretch out and meet at the nape of the neck with a button closure.
That's about an 11" overlap there folks.
Is anyone else thinking Mick Jagger??
But I really loved the way a rather blah ball of yarn knitted in this shortrow pattern, so I ripped it out and started over. I kept the size 8 needles which I felt produced a nice fabric. I cast on 80 stitches and short rowed until I had 28 in the center and 26 on each side. This fits perfectly but I couldn't get a picture with my cellphone so it will have to wait until I'm back from my mom's.
I finished another necklace yesterday. This was my own design. I did a base row and then three rows of scallops.
After the second row I was worried that it would be to ruffled but once I started on the third pass it started to look good.
I was going to do a square stitch across the base row but that distorted the neckline.
So I ended up going through the first row again for strength and added a pewter bead which stick ups a bit and looks rather like picot.