Saturday, February 05, 2005
Two Block Twill
Despite having to change bobbins every 12 rows, I was able to get the samples and two baby blankets woven off in one week. However, my speed cost me. Can you see the mistake? Oh, well. I'll give it as an extra, you know, not the main attraction. The second blanket turned out well.
Here's a close up of the weaving just after I took it off the loom. There doesn't seem to be any puckering. We'll see what the washing shows.
More gloves! I couldn't make a decent pair of gloves to save my soul until I got my hands on The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. These are the third pair, made for keeping my hands warm on the way to school. I puposely made these with very little ease, to make it easier to drink my coffee and eat my English muffin on my 10 minute drive to work. I was in such a hurry to finish them that I didn't wash the frogged yarn I used on the second glove. Notice the wonky ribs on the left glove.