Monday, June 30, 2003

Look Ma - I'm not dropping it!



One of my goals for this summer is to try and master skills I haven't been successful with before. I have quite a collection of spindles, for someone who can't use a drop spindle for anything besides dropping! So I tried my hand at it again today. It went pretty smoothly, in fact, I only dropped it once.

I used some of the leftover dyes from my guild's dye day and put bunches of fleece in canning jars. Then I hand carded it and pulled it through a diz for a thin roving.

This is for the Go Fish exchange on ST. I'll spin up some for the Fulled Fish found in Knitters Stash. This will give me a small project to show off my first spindle spun yarn. I'll use the rest to needlefelt. I need to dye a few more colors - a bright yellow and maybe a deep gold.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, go ahead - drop it right into the nearest barbecue.
    Signed,
    The Anti-Spindle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, come on Catherine, you shouldn't hold in your feelings! I can't see me doing a whole lot of spindle spinning, but it bothered me that I couldn't. Now I can at least spin a consistent yarn and I can use it to sample some fibers.

    ReplyDelete