Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Warping Front to Back

So I had these beautiful warps dyed up but I wasn't sure how I was going to warp since the bright fuschia and red/orange needed to be spread out over the width of the warp.

DSCF2905

So I thought I go back to front to back warping, something I haven't done much of lately. So long ago, actually, that I had to go back to my own tutorial (c. 2002).

DSCF2892

Sleying the reed.

DSCF2893

This technique allows me to design in the reed although I actually had it all planned out. It works well if you have a bunch of warp chains and want a random placement.

DSCF2895

I used my trapeze but I think the next time I'll just keep tugging on the chains. Since the border stripes were stretching across the width of the warp it was putting a bit of tension on some of the threads.

DSCF2901

Reading to go!


1 comment:

  1. I always found it easy to fan the warp out in the raddle to see the placement, and very each to move the chains around.

    ReplyDelete