Friday, April 18, 2008

Back to Knitting

I'm an evening away from finishing my Tangled Yoke cardigan. You might remember that I wasn't happy with the folded neckband. I didn't bother blocking - I knew I wouldn't like it, so I ripped back and bound off and I was much happier.



Then I followed the directions for the front band and despite my concern that there were too many stitches I blindly picked up the stated number of stitches and ribbed away. Once I started binding off I could see I was going to get ruffles.



I ripped out and picked up 2 stitches for every three rows and that did the trick. It looks quite puckered but after weaving in a few loose ends I'll give it a good soak and block. I still haven't found the right buttons but I've got plenty of time. I don't think I'll be wearing it until next fall - especially after today's 82° temps.



I found this almost finished cardigan in one of the bags I used to take to my mom's. I worked on it last summer and it only needs the front bands and a zipper but I don't think it will fit Jackson now. Guess it will go in the box for the next grandchild.




3 comments:

  1. Your sweater is going to be so pretty when done! Yeah, finish the baby sweater and tuck it away and pray you remember you have it when the time comes.
    I have two unfinished sweaters tucked away. I know I'll never finish the one sweater, so why do I keep it I ask myself.
    When are you done with your weekend gig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt' it nice to "find" things right in your own home :-) Love the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do manage to finish so much with all that you have to do?????? I bow to your greatness!

    ReplyDelete