Monday, May 08, 2006

Doh!

This is what happens when you don't have much time, but you want to get something on the loom.



Apparently when I read that you could thread log cabin DLDLDLDLDLDL I didn't realize that they were talking about a ONE BLOCK log cabin draft. So this is what I'm left with. Here I thought I was saving a little time! Hey, I'm so happy I have a warp on and can throw a shuttle that I don't care. I found some slubbed cotton that I'll use for a couple of the towels and I like the effect with just the moss green weft below. It has an almost rep look.



Sara talked about why we do what we do. I can't explain it as well as Sara did, but all I know is that I haven't woven since I took the painted warp baby blanket off the loom back in January and when I sat down tonight and finally started weaving it felt like I was where I belong!

8 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and I'm a weaver too. I look forward to reading all about your weaving adventures !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Feels like plain weave, which is always my favorite, although it probably puts you to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how funny! I like the fabric too: weave away. You could do a series: one block, two blocks, three blocks, hey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. And not being a weaver I have no idea what you said but love the pretty pictures. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie9:05 AM

    I told you too much education could harm your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it too. Color and weave plain weave is always fascinating. And the most important thing is that you are happily weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's pretty too. You will have the most beautiful towels around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric looks good to me :-)...I know exactly what you mean when it comes to weaving...I sat down at the loom yesterday and spent a fair bit of time weaving off two towels and it really felt good! I don't why I've stayed away from it so long...Well, actually, I do know why, it's called spinning, knitting, sewing, two kids, a large house, and a husband :-)

    ReplyDelete