My sister, Nancy, collects birdhouses, so as soon as I saw this Fibertrends pattern I knew I needed to make it for her.
It was a quick knit, done in Lambs Pride Bulky, charcoal for the roof and teal for the base.
I didn't realize the roof was not fulled enough until I put in on the base and it almost came to the bottom. So I popped the roof into the washer again.
I also made a big aluminum foil ball to help round out the top. I have to get some black plastic needlepoint canvas to stabilize the base. Then I'll cut the hole for the entrance and the perch and maybe do a little needlefelting around the opening.
I'm loving this Whitby Gansey, although the Channel Island cast on did give me fits. With some help from Claudia's website and Beth Brown-Reinsel's Knitting Ganseys, I finally got it.