Sunday, February 19, 2006

And Once Again I Post Only In My Mind

Yet again my mind fails me! I guess I don't have to tell you about this or tell you that my deck looked like this. Of course, if you've been following the nation's crazy weather happenings you might know that we were in the 60's Thursday and Friday so my front hill now looks like this. What you can't see is me shivering due to the drastic plunge down to the teens.

Last Monday's snowday gave me some time to look through old projects. I found my Lo-Tech Sweat so close to done that I finished the hood and washed all the pieces. Just tell me WHY I made this pattern when I hate to sew pieces together. I still have to put the buttonband on, so who knows when it will really be finished!

I've been really busy with this class. I have to research funding, policy, etc. for technology education. Blech! It's not what I want to do, but it's necessary for the certificate, so suffer I do. But not without successfully casting on and beginning my FIRST toe up sock. I tried Anna Zilboorg's (why did she change the name from Fancy Feet to Simply Socks?) figure eight cast on and was swearing up a storm. Then I remembered I bought Claudia's Logical Toe-Up Sock pattern a couple of years ago.



Maybe someday I'll have some weaving to talk about...(insert pitiful sigh). In the meantime, take a spin around the WeaveRing. There are some great things going on.

4 comments:

  1. I think Anna Zilboorg's publisher changed the name when they reprinted it, about a week before Priscila Gibson-Roberts published _Simple Socks_. I'm sure they weren't trying to build sales off the name confusion -- NOT. Worth owning regardless of the title, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sock yarn--what is it? Not Trekking by any chance? I'm always on the lookout for attractive sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First my email is returned, then I try to post here and got an "Internal Server Error." I'll try one more time...
    I went through something similar with my 20 mg iPod. It would
    lose its place in Audible books. It also started freezing up and
    doing other odd things, but it would only do them if the iPod
    did an auto-shutoff. I ended up rolling back one or two upgrades
    of the iPod system os and that solved the problem. I'm sure
    they've come out with other upgrades since then, but you might
    want to do a quick search in the iPod/iTunes forums and see
    if anyone else knows anything about it.
    I haven't seen anything like this with the iPod video, but I did
    have to scrub it and reinstall once about a month after I got it.
    I've also had intermittent USB issues, but I'm not sure if that's
    my laptop or the iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy wool, Charleen. I haven't got around to seriously dyeing wool yet, though I have plenty here in my dye business. I also want to try weaving but have too much on my plate this year. You can join the Dyers Webring if you want - it's not just for fabric dyers.

    ReplyDelete