Friday, June 24, 2005

My Three Day Vacation

What do you do if you know you only have three days between the end of school and the beginning of your summer classes? Make a list! The last two days were spent doing things in the house and garden. Today I'm going to get projects started so that I can have a little fiber fun in the evenings.

I have the tables and pots ready to go in the garage. There are a few Sabracon projects (as soon as I get the 10/2 cotton warped) and some warps and rovings I want to paint.

This afternoon I'll card up some more of the corrie tweed. I finished the nugget gold plying - next up is the rust. (For those who commented, the rust is just plain Rust right out of Cushings' envelope)

I'm getting close to the toe decreases for the Chutes and Ladders sock. That's going with me to school for knitting breaks. I've got to clean up around the sewing machine before any kimono work.

Thanks to June's suggestions I was able to get a true picture of the nugget gold yarn. I found the smaller tripod stashed in the bowels of a closet. Then I changed the white balance and suppressed the flash.



I still need to play around with the settings to get a true picture of the tweed yarn. Every picture shows it much greener than it really is. Not that there's anything wrong with that.



2 comments:

  1. You're welcome! (But I have to give all the credit to Felicia at sweetgeorgia.) Enjoy your 3-day break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charleen you and I have been spinning similar fibers. I just put up some gold corriedale on my blog and also another little pic that I'm sure will give you a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete