Friday, August 21, 2015

Sampled and Ready to Go!!

 Finally got everything wound on a tied up.


My original plan was to use silver gray for the weft so I tried that first. Meh!  Other samples, going from bottom to top: off-white, evergreen, sagebrush, spring green.  After this shot I tried some 10/2 black but thinking that the thinner, darker yarn would make the warp pop.  Not so much.

The sagebrush won - just neutral enough to highlight the obscure the colors in the warp.


The tie-up included a floating selvedge on each side but of course I didn't bother with it.  That left some problems with the first and last warp thread. Solved that problem by threading them on harness 5 and tying it to treadles 1 and 3.  


Width is 13.2" in the reed and should give me two runners, one 70" and the other 60", plus a few placemats.

No comments:

Post a Comment