Yesterday's snow day gave me the time I needed to get the warp threaded and sleyed.
This is the first time I used the threading chart that comes with Fiberworks. It was very easy to follow. Although I was a bit blown away when I got to the end and had 18 threads instead of 8!
I checked and there were no threading errors so I guess it was a counting error.
This is one repeat of the treadling. I'm using WEBS' Eight-Two Alabaster for the weft.
It looks like the sides are sort of wavy. (If you click you can see the curve on the edges of the warp dominant blocks.) It seems like the 3-4 end warp threads get sort of twisted during the weaving of one block but not the other. I slid my finger in and opened the shed right to the fell but I don't know if that's a good thing or not. If I don't the weft won't pack all the way down on the first shot of the block. I might cut off after the first towel to see if washing tightens it up.
I love the fabric and am already thinking of other design possibilities. Leigh played with bright colors for her towels. Kristin wove several scarves using a turned Ms and Os. I'm thinking of a wrap using a handpainted warp with some sheen, maybe rayon or silk, with a cotton weft.