I started doing the second set and wasn't as pleased, despite the new colors.
As you can see in the picture above coverage wasn't as good as I'd like. I thought it had to do with changing the tie up. This is a 2/2 twill, as opposed to the 3/1 in the earlier posts.
I reread parts of the book and realized that I wasn't angling the weft as much as I did when I started. So I tried to keep a consistent 45°. I actually began to do this at the bottom of the flower's stem (which is at the top!) but forgot to take a picture until later.
Much better! Good, consistent weft coverage. You can see that the fabric is wider at that point as the weft wasn't drawing the fabric in. Since these photos were taken I've finished the 3" of green and have reversed the designs to go up the other side. Instead of making a third little purse I'm going to design a few motifs of my own and make a little wall hanging to put in my studio. Next I need to put a casing on my color gamp and it will begin to look like a real fiber studio.
Off to slice peppers and onions. All the kids, plus SOs, are coming for fajitas!