Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Quick Check In

I'm back to school, teaching two new courses, and this weekend I started work on my thesis. BUT I forgot to show you the last bookcase I made for the family room, which has evolved into my husband's home office. The stain really is even, but I took it early in the morning when the sun was shining in.



The Viking is still not repaired. I took pictures of the two new blouses but they hung pretty funny without the buttons so I'll just wait and take a better picture when I get the buttonholes done.

You know, it doesn't really matter how old your kids are, you're still going to worry. Just in case I didn't have enough to occupy my mind, Dan bought this on Wednesday night and brought it right over. It is one big, scary machine. That being said, he's promised me a ride as soon as he gets the seat changed. You know there will be pictures of that!



This is what you get when it's too dark to see through the viewer and the display just shows pitch black. I lightened it enough for you to see the basic outline.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Charleen, you mean I don't get to stop worrying when they become adults?
    Your bookcase has inspired me...I have a new spinning wheel arriving in a few days that requires finishing. I have been dreading this. I actually love decorative painting but staining makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete