Saturday, June 04, 2005

Ready to Blend

I carded 400 grams of the natural corriedale on the Louet today and then divided all of it into 20 batches.



Each of these are ~20 grams. Then I added 10 grams each of the four colors I dyed last weekend.



Next up - I'll run each batch through the Duncan. Dan (my oldest son) came by for breakfast and was impressed by how soft the samples were. Impressed enough to hint that this might be the yarn for his first handspun sweater. Hmmm. Maybe I could get it done in time of his birthday in November, but do I really want to acknowledge that I will have a son that's thirty years old? I'll give it to him for Christmas!


6 comments:

  1. Clearly that isn't possible...the thirty year old son thing, not finishing the sweater.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Your kid is older than mine! Mine's only 29. . . (sheesh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it scary when our kids start reaching these ages?? Lovely fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hint for a handspun sweater before a big birthday? I think you might have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine will be 30 in October. It is kind of strange to be typing that number. Shall we exchange delivery stories to commemorate the event?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son turned 30 last Sept. He is saving his dogs hair for a handspun/handknit sweater. At the rate that's going he'll be 40 before the sweater is finished. He grew up with handspun wool sweaters - no big deal to him - but a doghair ... I tried to tell him it won't be as soft but hey, if he's going to be 40 before it's done, I can live with it ;-)

    ReplyDelete