Friday, October 22, 2004

Time to Pay the Piper



I guess I shouldn't expect to go away for two weekends of fiber fun and not be absolutely swamped. A few 14 hour days are starting to pull me out of the swamp. I did, however, get a little time to ply this week and tonight, after I got home from judging the Homecoming floats, I skeined and washed the results of that plying.

I'm looking at the cardigans in the Best of Lopi and thinking that that my brown Romney x Merino will look good with the orange (grey dyed with magenta and golden yellow, on right) corrie and the painted Merino roving in the center. Maybe the red too. (The red and autumny yarns were part of my summer dying)

I've been getting the beading itch again. (Where do I think I'm getting all this time?) I put in a small order to Fire Mountain Gems for break away magnetic clasps to use on some inkle and card woven bands for my ID - I couldn't just order those - so a few beads are making their way towards me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment