Saturday, September 18, 2004

Next Step



I decided to try Carolyn's method of presleying through a coarser reed, rather than using a raddle. She explains it here. I planned on sleying 6 ends per dent in my 5 dent reed, but since I wound two threads at a time it got a little confusing, so I ended up sleying4-8-4-8. When I beam the warp I'll be trying my warp sticks for the first time too. Once wound, I'll thread for plain weave and sley the 10 dent reed for 30 epi.

You know the saying "Lord willin' and the creek don't rise"? I was sort of hoping it would! There's a small creek on either side of our school. I woke up to torrential downpours and heavy winds. I am supposed to chaperone the back to school dance tonight (theme "we're still on the beach") so I guess you can see where this train of thought is going. It's 3:00 PM now, and the rains have stopped. I haven't chaperoned dances in about a year, but the discipline code was rewritten and I'm giving it another chance. Let me just give you an idea, by citing two of the dance rules, "no fondling", no "straddling", need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment