Sunday, December 21, 2003

New Project


Whenever I'm overwhelmed with work I feel the need to start something new. In keeping with that I started a new cardigan today. I'm going for something thick and cozy. This was my swatch and the gauge was good enough that I kept going on the sleeve. The reds are not as bright as the picture and the green is really a forest green. Can't figure out why the colors aren't true as I took it in direct sunlight. I'm not sure what I want to do with the ribbing, so I used a provisional cast-on. Here's what I've got done so far.

Here's the plan (at least for now!) - keep going with green for the rest of the sleeve. Use the same combinations but instead of 3, 4, and 5 row peeries I'll use a couple of 13 row borders too. After pouring through books I ended up using graphs from Starmore's article in Threads. I was really inspired by the graphs in Zilboorg's sock book too. I hadn't picked that one up in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment