Friday, September 12, 2003

People to See and

places to go. I mean, I'm not really an unsociable person, but with the start of school, and another new course to teach, and another course to take, I'm just not into spending my weekends going places. However family obligations call, so off I go. That leaves very little time to relax with my fiber pursuits. I have finished another fish - so I'll be able to full that this weekend. I'm hoping that I'll get a chance to at least get a warp wound, maybe even sleyed, so that I'll be able to get downstairs and weave a little. But now I remember that I really should just get that last wall painted so the bookcases can go back where they belong and I can get the other light hung. THEN maybe I can start weaving.....

In the meantime, I should be jotting down the brilliant ideas that come to me in the middle of lesson preperation or when I'm stuck in traffic (mind you, my school is all of 5 miles from my house, but if you hit just wrong time - there you sit).

5 comments:

  1. I feel for you. Anything interfering with fiber pursuits is just SO annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for the traffic! I went three miles from the hotel at 5 pm, it took 45 min. Unbelievable. My old cell phone would record voice memo's - it's the handiest thing for those brilliant ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sympathy. Wendy, my school isn't in King of Prussia, thank God. My traffic jam is just a small town road where traffic lights back up. King of Prussia traffic is a nightmare, despite the multiple new lanes that just opened last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh? Didn't know that. Used to drive there for Stitches and it can get a bit hairy there (not to mention dealing with that cruddy hotel). Haven't gone to Stitches for ages because I have pretty much what I want and the stuff they have up there now don't appeal to me anyway (I lean toward the more classical stuff like Dale, J&S, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if Stitches will be back to King of Prussia next year. I hadn't been going lately either, but last year my younger daughter started to knit and she wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete