Sunday, May 11, 2003

Happy Mother's Day

Softball conesHappy
Mother's Day! My youngest daughter, Sarah, went to a yard sale yesterday and
found these eleven cones of Conshohocken Softball 2.2 for $1 each. What a great
gift. I'm thinking the greenish blue on the right would make a good Wallaby.
I've knitted with it before, but I also think they'd make a great weft for a
blanket. You can't really see from the picture, but the multi cone under the
white one has flecks of navy, blue, red, and green. Anyone ever use this for
weft?


Another cool present I got was from Dan, my oldest son. He gave me this heating
tool, that can be used for woodburning, stencil cutting, even soldering. I have
some designs in mind for my Louet that I wanted to burn and I now can make up
my own quilting stencils.


I'm still playing around with the Jacob. I think because it has so many burrs
(at least that's what I think they are, it looks like tiny little sticks, not
hay or straw) that the best course of action will be to rake it with the dog
rake, then card it on my drum carder. It's really going to be a messy job. Even
after raking out tons of stuff, the carder still got lots out. I'm going to
spin up the first batt tonight and see how it looks washed up before I do anything
else. I like Claudia's
idea of hand carding it and Navaho plying, but I couldn't get it clean enough
to do that. If this doesn't work, I'm just sitting it aside and going on. Life
is too short.




No comments:

Post a Comment