Wednesday, January 08, 2003

January 8, 2003

Talk about learning experiences -- well, duh, I guess when you forget to
factor in loom waste you're going to get a rather short blanket! Luckily I
had planned on a rather LONG blanket, so I ended up with one measuring 52"
x 52". I thought I'd just put it in my car, but my son says it's just
the right size for when he watches a movie sitting up <g>


I was happy with the way my fold line ended up. When I first took it off
the loom and opened
it up
, you could see that it was rather loose from having fishing
lines
running along with the last two threads. (that was a change from
my last double weaving where the But after washing and pressing it looks great.
HOWEVER there's another problem I hadn't thought of. The plaid
reverses when it gets to the center. (see
finished blanket here
)I knew the bottom layer had to reverse for threading,
but it never occurred to me that I had to reverse the stripes in the warp
so that it would follow the same pattern as the top. Oh well, it's warm -
if slightly short. Now on to the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment