Thursday, August 15, 2002

Rosepath Towels

By Jove, I think I've got it
I got the warp sleyed and tied on and began sampling. I didn't notice any mistakes
at first. Then after a few rows of patterning it began to look wierd. I realized
that I hadn't hooked the heddle bars back up and two harnesses got hooked together.
Fixed that, and then saw that I made a threading mistake. I thought I was going
to have to tie a string heddle, but Chandler said to snip the side of the top
and bottom heddle opening, take it off, and put it where it belongs. I couldn't
seem to get in there to snip it but I unthreaded 5 threads, took an extra heddle
and snipped that and popped it on the correct harness and rethreaded. Everything
is looking good (so far)


















click to see a full size image



I am a little worried about the amount that it is drawing in. It went from
21" in the reed, to 19". Oh well, if it shrinks too much for the dishtowel
exchange they can be, what was that Claudia
said? Oh yeah, "fraternal sextuplet" placemats!


Spent the morning at school again. Rearranging, filing, etc. I think I'm going
to paint my filing cabinets tomorrow. I have six, yes a little packrat - but
an organized one - and they are pretty beat up and all different colors. As
much as I don't want to give up all my fiber time, I'm always excited at the
start of a new year. Clean slate, fresh pencils... I even have my assignments
and schedules posted for the kids.

Now on to grafting the wallaby hood and back to the loom.



No comments:

Post a Comment