Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Okay, I didn't start any NEW socks, but I have been working on my socks-in-progress.
You know, I have some really nice socks I've made, but for some reason I haven't
completed a pair in the last couple of years. Maybe dream analysis will bring
out my latent sock fears.

I dragged out this loom I bought in the late 70s.
I guess it's a backstrap loom. It came in a long cotton drawstring bag that
you are supposed to put around your back (see where I got that idea?) and then
attach to a door knob. It has a plastic 4 dent reed, about 10" wide. Anyone
ever use one before? Back then I had three kids under four years old. The thought
of closing a door and strapping on a loom sounded pretty good. Of course, that's
probably also why I never got to use it! Can you imagine three kids in diapers
and I'm strapped to a door knob trying to weave? Elaine's
musings about inkle weaves
has got me thinking about trying it again.

I finally found a ladder the right length to finish painting my shed. Our backyard
slopes down and there's about a six by four area on one side that I couldn't
reach. I felt like Goldilocks - this ladder is too short, this ladder is too
long. My friend had one the right size, but I've spent the last two mornings
in an Excel class and the afternoon's have been TOO HOT to get up on a ladder.
Well, he call's tonight and needs the ladder back, so I guess I'll be getting
up early while it's still cool (ya know, under 90), and finish painting. If
this is my last blog entry, you'll know why.....(and no you can't have my stash,
I'm taking it with me - at least I'll have the time)


No comments:

Post a Comment