Thursday, July 25, 2002

I finished about 1400 yards of romney for my barn jacket. I was whining about how all of my yarn looks the same - here's an example. It always turns out about 8-9 wpi. There will be no need for me to post any more pictures of my spinning. I'll just let you know what color and you will be able to picture it!

What to weave next? I have six weeks left before school starts, and want to try as many different techniques as I can. I had thought about dishtowels, but think maybe I'll play around with some little blankets. There was a baby explosion in our department this spring. The younger teachers were having them and the older teachers were becoming grandparents. Any suggestions? I was thinking about honeycomb for one - we did a little Atwater-Bronson in my intro class and that was cool. At least I don't have to worry about my loom while I ponder these questions. Since Catherine posted pictures of Max guarding her stash, I thought it only fair to show you my vicious loom guard, Skids. Nothing gets by him. Just remember, you've been WARNED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment